24 February 2007

All paws on deck

Spent five hours this morning cleaning the yard of contractors' junk (we just had the house painted). Then I took saw and hammer to a palette and started building a doghouse for our two pups -- a beagle mix named Sidda and a springer spaniel named Seamus. Made a nice platform base before my back decided enough was enough. When I checked on the dogs, though, they were already laying on it. So it seems they wanted a deck more than a doghouse. I'll frame the house another day.

All that's left for the day is for me to whip up a batch of chili for a chili cook-off/Oscar party tomorrow. And then a relaxing dinner with some friends. But not... before... I ...... get....... a......... nap......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

3 comments:

TybeeDawg said...

I can't bring myself to watch award shows, but the chili cookoff is a great idea which I'll probably borrow for our Memorial Day party. If it happens, I'll invite y'all, its usually a fun time...and you can pit your favorite recipe against my LBJ venison chili!

Brad Barnes said...

I usually do the chili cookoff for the Super Bowl, but I kind of got tired of not being able to actually watch the game. ... The venison chili sounds good. I've never cooked deer, except for some Bambi burgers one time. Used egg and breadcrumbs to hold it together, since I found the meat a lot leaner than beef. Mmmmmm-mmmm.

TybeeDawg said...

I don't hunt, but lots of co-w*rkers do. Definately leaner, and without any of the growth hormones and whatever else they shove into cows and chickens these days...