19 February 2007

I'm'a Shave 4 U

I actually heard about Britney Spears' newfound scalp over the weekend, but at the time I thought fried mashed potatoes were more interesting. But after hearing about her all over the morning news on three networks, maybe I was wrong?


If you're clueless here, we're talking about Spears' decision to finish the shaving job she started late last year. NBC has some psychologist on talking about how Britney seemed to be "deconstructing herself" and how all this was very troubling, yadda yadda. I think this here might be the real reason she's done this to herself. Or maybe she suddenly realized she was rich, beautiful and single and had a nervous breakdown.

A few years back, I helped judge a Britney Spears look-alike contest for a local radio station. (The coolest part was sitting one seat away from famed wrestler the Iron Sheik, but that's another story.) I think someone ought to hold a look-alike contest now to see who's really got gumption... Baldest chick wins!

Kelly Clarkson's reaction to the head-shaving: "Well, she's still hot."*** Indeed, Spears now simply moves into he same category as Sinead O'Connor, Natalie Portman, and, of course, "Star Trek: The Motion Picture's" Ilya.

***seriously.

No comments: