05 February 2007

Report card

I know what you're wondering. You're wondering how I did on my weekend picks.


Well, I made the best damn batch of pico de gallo ever. The trick, I think, is substituting some red onion for about half of the yellow onion. Sweetens the whole mess. I was also forced to use lemon instead of lime, since I didn't want to brave the grocery on Sunday. But that turned out just fine, too. If you don't have the flu, you can make this dish as a community project in the kitchen at your next party. Last time we did that, folks took to calling it the People's de Gallo. Since pico de gallo apparently means "peck of the chicken," literally, then I guess our concoction became "people of the chicken." Hah.

Oh, and I watched the Super Bowl -- for the first time (at leat in my house) in high-def. Wee hoo! So that's two for two.
I also suggested folks go and check out Arlo Guthrie at the RiverCenter, though since I'm still battling down the last vestiges of the flu, I didn't go. I'd be interested in hearing thoughts from anyone who made the show, though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... IS that your peek-OH! day gal, OH!... or an imposter? since you did say you used lemons...
inquiring minds want to know the quality control expert minding the stormy barn...

Brad Barnes said...

Well, it resembles it. But since I don't have a photo server at home, I stoled that pitcher from wikipedia.