01 March 2007

Holy crap! New Wilco record!

Don't know how I missed this, considering this band is on my official Top 5 Currently Active Bands list, but Wilco has announced a release date and track list for the new record.


"Sky Blue Sky" is the album, and it'll be out May 15. Check out this blog for more details -- and a couple of downloads.

Some folks have turned on Jeff Tweedy and Co. after/because-of "A Ghost Is Born." I'll sheepishly admit I was disappointed in the sound of the record at first. I'd grown used to the seven-layer-cake audio frills of their previous two records. But "AGIB" has remarkable legs. I popped it in last week and was reminded what a great record it was, outside of that feedback/drone thing that seemed to last longer than Peter Jackson's director's cut of "King Kong."

I guess I'm saying that I'm looking forward to the new record.

4 comments:

TybeeDawg said...

I'll be interested to check this one out as well. Finally got to see "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" the other day and really enjoyed it.

Brad Barnes said...

There are a couple of leaked tracks, for the intrepid googler. It sounds pretty good. In the vein of "AGIB," but a little less of the '70s production vibe. Which, let's face it, is probably a good thing.

gspence said...

awesome! I gotta get this. I've got all their cds. That movie "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" is great, too.

Brad Barnes said...

I liked the documentary -- bought it when it first came out -- but haven't watched it in ages. I did think Jay Bennet got kind of a raw deal, in how they portrayed him, though...