08 March 2007

Pimpin' Y O U-know-who


I had a buddy who, back in the "Joshua Tree" days, couldn't stand U2. He said, "They just need to lighten up." Well, I'm adding Atlanta band Y O U to the list of acts that he'd like. They're just so danged fun.

So I've got some friends blowing through town this weekend on their way back to Philly. I'm pretty sure we'll be dragging them to The Loft to see this show Friday night. Here's what I wrote about it in today's To Do section.

Most importantly, though, get thee to Y O U's Web page and download their newest album, "Flashlights." It's not flawless, but I've been giving it more spins lately than I've been giving those new Wilco tracks...

1 comment:

Brad Barnes said...

Anyone go to this show? Please, share your thoughts. I missed it, as evidenced a few posts up. Hoping The Loft will bring them back again...