27 March 2007

Poll position

I usually hate those MySpace-style polls. I usually think we're too reflective a people anyway. But I took a shine to this one, for some reason. Mostly because I was curious about what it would ask me about the 10 artists...


List 10 musical artists you like, in no specific order (do this before reading the questions below).
1. Radiohead
2. Okkervil River
3. Shearwater
4. Migala
5. M. Ward
6. Neutral Milk Hotel
7. Apples in Stereo
8. Of Montreal
9. Ted Leo
10. Scott Miller

What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
"In the Aeroplane over the Sea" is the first one that really made an impression.

What is your favorite song of 2?
"A King and a Queen"

What is your favorite lyric of 5?
Crap. Who knows? His stuff is all below surface to me.


How many times have you seen 4 live?
Never. They're in Madrid, Spain and haven't been stateside, near as I can tell.

What is your favorite song by 7?
"Sunndal Song," offa the new record.


Is there any song by 3 that makes you sad?
Um, like, everything.

What is your favorite lyric of 2?
"...with your body next to me, sleepy sighing/sounds like waves upon a sea too far to reach./But I’ll gather up my men and try to sail on it again/and we’ll walk and quietly talk all through the country of your skin..."

What is your favorite song by 9?
"Me and Mia."


When did you first get into 1?
Late. Had a friend buy "OK Computer" when it was new. And he spun it over at my house. Blown away when I heard "Let Down."

How did you get into 3?
Osmosis, via Meiburg's other band (No. 2).

What is your favorite song by 4?
Oh come on. They're all Spanish names. The one with "Deciembre" in the title, OK?

How many times have you seen 9 live?
Zippo.

What is a good memory concerning 8?
I'm new to these guys. But I remember playing it for Jenn to gauge her reaction to the weirdness, and she smiled.

Is there a song by 10 that makes you sad?
When he was in the V-Roys, he did one called "Goodnight Loser" that went, "When you dance with him/You look so thin/That I can almost look through you to see./When you dance with him/I see losers win/And a loser's who they're not supposed to be." That's pretty sad, I think.


What is your favorite song of 1?
Probably "The Bends," for the guitar solo. But maybe "Let Down" instead. Ooh, ooh, or "2+2=5."

No comments: