02 April 2007

What's meat got to do (got to do) with it?

When I first started seeing this girl, I had to make a tough decision: How important was meat to me, exactly?

See, I love the beefs, but she was a vegetarian.

Then I googled some veggie-saurus recipes (back in the day before "google" was a verb). The first meal I cooked for her was a pizza topped with pesto sauce, scallops and artichoke hearts. Feh. I can eat a lot less meat, I decided.

I married that girl two years ago. Two years ago to the day, in fact. And tonight I think I'm gonna cook that same pizza for us, and crack open a nice bottle of wine.

Got a vegetarian you're trying to woo? Here's the recipe. Many thanks to the Original Fish Company. I sub a Pilsbury pizza crust can for the Boboli prepared one, but whatever. Don't skimp on the fresh parm, either.

(Happy anniversary, Jenn.)

4 comments:

Allison Kennedy said...

Congrats! And also to the bride! Enjoy suppa.

bandit&maggie said...

Congrats...

...and you've always got a steak at our house when you just need a beef fix.

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwwh!

bradbaby, you gots brothers???

Brad Barnes said...

Oh, you don't want any part of this bloodline.