12 August 2007

Oh. My. God.

Am home. Now. Finally. Maybe you read or heard about some 20,000 folks on international flights getting waylaid at LAX for hours while the U.S. Customs computers were down? Yeah, count Jenn and I among them. Our 15-hour flight from Bangkok got in about on schedule, and we had a three-plus hour layover to catch the Delta flight to the A-town. But we sat in the plane on the tarmac for 3-1/2 hours. Ran to the Delta counter after we were finally sprung, but we missed the flight by 10 minutes.

So instead of a whole day to rest and get ready for my return to work, I get just this night. Which wouldn't be so bad except that my body thinks it's something like 6 a.m. right now.

Tomorrow's going to be awful.

Still, good to be home. Whilst I recover, check out E's blog to see what the rest of our buddies are up to since we parted ways. Hooray for chickenboats to Laos!

"Home, where my thought's escaping
Home, where my music's playing
Home, where my love lies waiting
Silently for me"
-- Simon & Garfunkel, "Homeward Bound"

1 comment:

Maggie&Bandit said...

mom and dad read us the story about the airport misery early today, and we knew you'd be stuck. It just seemed inevitable.

we'd already written about you, though, on our new blog. I don't think I said anything embarrassing, but Maggie might have. You know how she gets.
Welcome back.
(lowdogworld.blogspot.com)