27 September 2007

Very strange...

Freak out! So last night I had a dream that I was watching TV news right after John Lennon was killed, and Paul McCartney was being interviewed, trying to explain The Beatles' impact to the clueless reporter. Meanwhile, Ringo Starr was noodling around on a guitar (???) behind him, and Sir Paul was frustrated that he couldn't hear the questions or speak over the noise. So he turns to around and says, "Do you mind, Ringo?"


I wake up, and Jenn had just woken up too. She says, "Man, I just had the coolest dream about Paul McCartney, and I didn't want to wake up." Her dream was different -- something about bumping into him at a coffee shop and chatting a bit -- but still...

There's no scientific study of this phenomenon, which is apparently called "simultaneous dreaming," but it was hellacool. I'm a little worried that when you Google the phrase, a bunch of psychobabble comes up, so I guess I'll just let it go and enjoy the experience.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you both need to lay off the glue.

Maggie&Bandit said...

have you been sniffing paint in the new bathroom?
or caulk?

Brad Barnes said...

that could be it, kids. funny, we were sitting there thinking, what triggered 'paul mccartney' in both of us. when all we'd watched was the ken burns documentary, 'the war.'

all that and it was probably just paint fumes...

St. Indignantous said...

What would Freud say? You probably wouldn't want to know.