24 October 2007

"You throw me the idol, I throw you the whip!"

Since "Raiders of the Lost Ark" was pretty much a formative motion picture for me -- I was 11 when it came out -- you'd think I was all over "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" when they were on TV. For some reason, I never watched them too much. I think part of the problem is, I was 22 when the series started and it was aimed at younger eyes.


Nevertheless, I'm kind of excited about their release on DVD this week. The new set is pricey, with a MSRP of $130 for what's just the first 1/3rd of the complete collection. So I'm really hoping the public library picks up a set that I can check out.

And let's not forget that a fourth and allegedly final big-screen film about the globetrotting archaeologist is due out next year. Thanks, Cath, for sharing the story about the idiot extra on the set who leaked details to his hometown newspaper. You can read about that (sans spoilers) here.

1 comment:

cath said...

Forget about eating lunch in that town again, that idiot extra is never WORKING in that town again.

And speaking of lunch, I'm so glad I got to see you guys finally -- and a thousand thanks for picking up the tab. Let's not wait so long to see each other again.

Brunch at our place soon?