30 November 2007

Movies that (sort of) rock

Like half of America, I just got a Conde Nast magazine with a list of the 50 Greatest Rock Soundtracks of All Time.

Prince's "Purple Rain" is No. 1.

I loved the "Purple Rain" album. Who didn't? But to be remembered as a classic soundtrack, I think the movie needs to, um, not suck. I can't tell you how much Prince mystique disappeared when I saw him bickering with his "dad" whom, let's not forget, he still lived with.

The magazine's No. 2 choice, The Beatles' "A Hard Day's Night," is much better. And "Pulp Fiction," at No. 4, could probably have gone higher. Nice to see "Once" (No. 41) and "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" (No. 48) on the list too.

1 comment:

Maggie&Bandit said...

What movie had that "Rock Me Gently" song by Andy Kim?
It's important that we know -- and it's more important that you get the tune stuck in your head.
"Take it easy, don't you know....."