13 December 2007

Hall of Flame

The Rock And Roll Hall of Fame announced this morning its inductees for 2008. Here's a short bit on it. (Hint: It's Madonna, John Mellencamp, Leonard Cohen, The Ventures and The Dave Clark Five.)

So the dish is, nominees Donna Summer, the Beastie Boys, Chic, and DJ Afrikaa Bambaataa
got snubbed.

I'm not arguing against Cohen, who very deserving. In fact, of the list of nominees, he's my No. 1. But I wouldn't want to be working in the HoF today to face the screaming Summer/Beastie fans who say, "You're letting Leonard Who in?"

"They sentenced me to twenty years of boredom,
For trying to change the system from within.
I'm coming now, I'm coming to reward them.
First we take Manhattan, then we take Berlin."
-- Leonard Cohen, "First We Take Manhattan"

No comments: