24 January 2008

More bologna blarney

If you missed it, this week's column for the real paper gushes -- perhaps to an uncomfortable level -- about my rekindled romance with bologna, of lunchmeat fame. I'd post a link, but the story already seems to have disappeared into the electronic ether. (e-ther? eTher?) If y'all make enough noise, though, I'll just post the whole damn column here.

Two people called in to tell me I should also try frying it again. That's on the agenda, for sure. I actually had a line in there about that, but we had to cut it for space. Specifically, I'm going to saute some vegetables and do up a sandwich like this. Only I'll probably melt some cheese on top, too.

Mmmm.

3 comments:

Bebe Bahnsen said...

What a great recipe. Your column reminded me of how much I love bologna, which I haven't eaten in years. I stood at the bologna section of Lewis Jones (sp?) supermarket yesterday and read the ingredients on every package--big mistake. I didn't buy any, and then I walked past the deli section and they had bologna on sale--could that be another reaction to your column? I didn't ask them for a taste, but your blog today made me realize bologna will be on my next shopping list.

Brad said...

Reading labels is bad, sometimes. Jenn read the label on a pack of cookies I was eating last night and discovered they were not only made with hydroxide but also were a product of the United Arab Emirates.

Definitely buy the bologna. Not all the time, mind you, but it's nice for a change...

Allison Kennedy said...

We can always say, It's better than Spam.