07 January 2008

The new w.c.

(or, how I spent alls my free time over the last six months)

So we finally finished the guest bathroom, and it took six frickin' months. But with the exception of a little plumbing, Jenn and I did it all ourselves. No small task considering the room was sort of a cave to start with. But look at it now!:


The list of jobs included tiling the floor, moving a light switch to the opposite wall, framing the closet, installing the closet door, installing the shelves inside, bracing behind the pedestal sink (in the wall), buttloads of sheetrock, more buttloads of scraping trim, re-cutting crown molding, painting, staining wainscoting and installing the wainscoting. I'm probably forgetting something.

This leaves only the master bathroom (how come we don't call them water closets over here?) renovation on the inside of our little house Bibb City house. Then it's on to the outside...

5 comments:

Allison Kennedy said...

Hey great job! How much do you charge?

Brad Barnes said...

we'll talk when i finish the other bathroom. check back in a year...

Anonymous said...

Impressive.

Amanda said...

wow brad, I just happened to be on your blog, getting sex advice from a recent post (thanks Emily, 17 -- I was wondering about that too!) when I saw your bathroom. Soooo great! I love it, and I really need you to come down and do ours. You'll have to start with stripping wallpaper. Jen can come too.

Brad Barnes said...

is that a.s.-p.? (i think i shall call you 'asp' from now on!) and the answer is no.