18 January 2008

Out of the blue

I swear I'm not trying to pick on chick pop stars. These opportunities just keep falling in my lap. (Huh-huh. Huh-huh.) This press release just in: "Total Pop Star's Deborah Gibson Celebrates Iconic Career and Launches Camp Electric Youth."

Now, I ask you, which is the more pathetic half of that statement.

"Deborah Gibson is poised to pass on the pop idol torch to the next wave of musical prodigies through her passion and commitment as a judge on 'Total Pop Star' and the launch of Camp Electric Youth," the release states. Uhhh, I think that torch was pretty much dropped, about a generation and a half back, girl, and then picked up by 1) Britney Spears, 2) Christina Aguilera, 3) Hilary Duff and 4) Miley Cyrus. In that order. Speaking of Little Miss Achy Breaky Heart, D-Gib also later claims to be "the Miley Cyrus of my generation." Here's the "TPS" web site, and the link to Camp Electric Youth, if you even care what that is, sadists.

2 comments:

Maggie&Bandit said...

Gibson pretty much doused the pop torch the day she decided to be called Deborah instead of Debbie. Next thing you know, Brittany will want to be called Britt.

Maggie&Bandit said...

From Bandit: I'd like to point out that Maggie's been spelling Britney's name incorrectly. If she's going to make a fuss, I wish she'd learn to spell.