09 March 2008

No whimper with this wine

Cath, the rock star over at A Blithe Palate, knows she's my culinary and wine-related hero. But this guy is a very close second. Many thanks to Porkchop Gomer for pointing me his way.

His name is Gary Vaynerchuk ("That's 'vay-NURRR-chuck,' he bellows), and he looks like a drinking buddy or a sports fanatic, or that spaz you used to shoot spitballs at in high school. But he clearly knows his vino, and he's funny as hell. He describes one wine's color as "a little more Ric Flair-ish than Hulk Hogan." ... It's worth watching all the way to the end, when you've got a spare 10 minutes (and the company's high-speed, right?). He even makes running down a calendar of events interesting.

2 comments:

cath said...

I'm not certain, but I think he was handing out purple wristbands at the South by Southwest conference. We need to rock some Vietnamese food soon -- you and Jen free?

Brad Barnes said...

I think he WAS at SxSW. He mentioned it on the winecast. How was the fest? I haven't been since 2000.

Just holler about the Pho. We're down.