21 April 2008

B is for Boogie. And belicious...

It was a weekend full of food, and music, and seeing old friends. And playing horseshoes and bocce with the most ghetto set of bocce balls even manufactured, then sold for $1.25 at a Kaybee Toys that was going out of business. They were actually filled with water. Were, I say, until they ruptured, turning the playing field into a Slip 'n Slide style water park.

I digress.

We had 13 people in our party, at Saturday's Old 280 Boogie in Waverly, Ala., and everyone brought to share. I made a gourmet mac and cheese recipe (for the second weekend in a row) and a giant tub o' salsa verde. And some rolled sandwiches with cream cheese. Mmmm.

The mac (shown here) was made with gruyere, gorgonzola and parmesan, and it seemed to be the big hit. I wish I could claim the recipe, but I found it here. Try it. You won't be sorry. Unless you're lactose intolerant, in which case you'll instantly die (there's also heavy cream in the sauce!).

No comments: