23 April 2008

Snickers. Still not satisfied...

Here's the new candy bar that was calling to me in the break room. Snickers Charged...


That's right, it brags about caffeine, right there on the shiny silver label, near the rhino head popping out of the package (Mmmmm, pointy!). Could it be true, finally, that there is a candy bar equivalent of Jolt Cola, with a big burst of eye-opening goodness in every bite?

Eh. If you look at the ingredients,
caffeine is listed below things like salt and vegetable oil. So don't get too excited. It tastes just like a chocolaty version of a regular Snickers. Hardly the fun of a good, old-fashioned Jolt, with its playful "All the sugar and twice the caffeine!" motto. And I was still yawning.

Oh, and the mysterious "taurine" on the label? Sure it's in lots of energy drinks. It's also a large part of what's in bile. Sure glad I didn't learn that until after I finished eating it.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

From smoked Gruyere to Snickers in only 4 days??? How far the mighty have fallen.

Brad Barnes said...

Hey, my palate enjoys a wide range of culinary delights...

Maggie&Bandit said...

We don't understand the objection. We can eat expensive dog snacks and 2-day-dead squirrel on the same day.

nonillion said...

Hi, I collect brands and was wondering if you still kept this wrapper?

I know it's from a few years ago, but I'm pretty desperate, please let me know, I will check back here, thanks!

Brad said...

Sorry. I think the rhinoceros ate it...