04 June 2008

They play 'Aqualung' at the reception, right?

According to a release from the Pensacola Bay Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, my old stomping grounds is a hotspot for the trendiest wedding themes, including Seaside Chic, Bayside Bride, Southern Belle (where my suggestion for the vow is "Frankly, my dear, I do."), Marina Marriage, Historic Moments, blah blah blah.

Here's the good one: Underwater Weddings. According to the release, "Couples can tie the knot scuba style with a ceremony conducted underwater at the USS Oriskany, the world’s largest artificial reef. Captain Ron Beermünder of Pensacola Dive Company is not only a dive instructor, he’s an ordained minister."

Now, I have some fundamental questions about being married by someone named "Captain Ron," but maybe that's just my own issues with Kurt Russell. But this guy's last name clearly means "more beer." So you'd have to wonder if you were having trouble understanding the minister because he's slurring his words or because of the bubbles...

No comments: