12 June 2008

Veggie-saurus cinema

My wife's a plant-and-fish eater, exclusively. Me, I like the meats.

But PETA has just released a list of 10 movies to "Make You Go Meatless." Yeah, they're freaks, but sometimes they've got a sense of humor. (And I'm waaaaay for the ethical treatment of animals. Even food-animals.) Here's the list of movies, annotated where I couldn't resist:

* "Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead" (2008).
* "Soylent Green" (1973): Uh, the message here is really 'Don't eat Soylent Green.' Cuz, you know, it's people.
* "Babe" (1995). Poor widdle piggy...
* "Delicatessen" (1991).
* "Fast Food Nation" (2006).
* "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (1974). Granted, this will make you not want to eat human meat. If you ever had the urge...
* "Super Size Me" (2004). Message here? Don't eat like a moron.
* "Chicken Run" (2000). Eh. Go ahead and fry up some Mel Gibson. See if I care...
* "Sweeney Todd" (2007). Pies are only meant to have fruit in them, anyways.
* "I Am an Animal" (2007). It's about PETA founder Ingrid E. Newkirk. Which is why you've not heard of it.

OK. There you go. Discuss (or disgust) ...

No comments: