30 September 2008

Bye for real

Hello, gentle readers. I've been toying with whether or not to keep the blog running. But in the end, I've come to the conclusion that it's either going to (a) take too much time to keep it updated right and proper, or (b) suck. So I think this'll be the last post.

I'm not taking it down, though. So come back anytime you need examples of stupid people, good advice for soon-to-be-dated music, ridiculing of Seventeen magazine, and misinterpreted naughty bits from the Harry Potter books (by far the most-read posts, by the way. Never underestimate the public's lust for Emma Watson).

Thanks for coming by and being my audience. Yeah, of course it's been a waste of time, but hopefully an enjoyable one. See you in the funny pages.

19 comments:

Troy Heard said...

HEY! You can't leave...no...don't! BTW, when we were at Tropic Thunder, I ducked out to check a text...Fireproof was letting out...OH MY GOD! Swarms of people!

Maggie&Bandit said...

We'll miss you....and we think you'll be back....there will be too many things you'll want to post during an election year!

amanda said...

BOOO! I protest! Loudly! (hence the exclamation marks!)

Maevyn said...

But...I only just got here. *cry*

I had the same dilemma with my own place; so today I sat down and started a redesign, and vowed to stop being so scarce. LOL

Allison Kennedy said...

"Good night, and good luck."
We'll miss you out here in Blog Land!

Anonymous said...

You don't have to stop...you can always go to 'infrequent updates' and keep the audience guessing!

Anyway--good luck, and hope to see you around again.

Anonymous said...

Pole Smoker

gspence said...

man, this is sad news. can't you, like, assume a zany alter-ego (replete with antics?)

amanda said...

BOOO! I'm still protesting the end of your blog. (But still checking back in the vain hope that you might reconsider.)

cath said...

I'm glad you went with Bill Watterson's sweetly optimistic good-bye rather than Berke Breathed's bitter departure.

The only other one I would have accepted would be Gary Larson's hilarious and true to form adieu.

"But Gary, you've always had the power to go home..."

You won't stay away from blogging. I'll just keep checking cuz I know you'll come back soon.

Anonymous said...

I checked...still nothing. Sob.

Anonymous said...

hope that your area escaped damage during the bibb fire.

amanda said...

i still say that this is foolishness.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the GPA award...

Brad said...

Thanks! I didn't know anyone was still coming around here. ... I miss you guys.

Andrea said...

Good luck!
We hope to see you again.

Acai said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

bradbarnes.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.