11 September 2008

Pink Floyd's Gilmour in concert

Attention stoners: A David Gilmour performance will get one shot on the big screen in Columbus. It's set for Sept. 22 at the Carmike 15 — which my press releases say is at "5555 Whittlesex Parkway."

Whittlesex? I'm kind of scared to ask what kind of fetish that is. Anyway, unless there's a new Carmike 15 on a new street, that was a Freudian slip and they mean Whittlesey. They should be forgiven. It's not like Columbus is the headquarters for Carmike Cinemas or anything. (Pause.) ... (Wait for it.) ... Oh, we ARE the headquarters for Carmike Cinemas?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. This is just David Gilmour, after all. I mean, I love me some Pink Floyd and all, but only a dozen people saw the live "U2-3D" concert on its Friday night debut in this town. ... If you're looking for the full list of 107 cities showing the Gilmour concert, click here. It's a PDF, which is a pain in the arse. But that's the price you pay.

In summary, what we've learned today is:
*Carmike is dumb.
*Figgy needs to stop bogarting the blunt.
*This Web site generates your "stoner name." (I'm "Jurassic Jointmaster.")
and.
*When it comes to supporting events, Columbus sex. I mean sux.

5 comments:

Maggie&Bandit said...

We're pretty sure the Y key isn't near the X key, so we're convinced it wasn't a mistake and the Carmike people just wanted to get your attention.

Brad Barnes said...

I'm sorry pups (and anyone else) -- in order to post comments after this blog entry, you have to also state your "stoner name" in the post.

Maggie&Bandit said...

Oops. We forgot.
Love,
Humboldt County Sheriff and Drippy Dimebagger

Anonymous said...

"I love me some Pink Floyd" ?
What-- are you Oprah?

Jenn said...

I'm with Humboldt and Drippy. That mis-type was no mis-take. I bet the entire PR department is giggling like a bunch of schoolgirls.

- The Merry Doobinator